Friday, September 29, 2017

Njördr and Re-Membering Myself

I asked Njördr for a message; something to help change my perspective on this *thing*.... Soon I will meet a colleague to share our artwork with each other. It was a suggestion on his part to help encourage me as I get back into drawing and painting, and I am grateful for that intention. And yet I keep finding myself anxious or unprepared, worrying that my pieces aren't good enough. It's really annoying, and I don't want to feel this way, but it is nevertheless how I feel.
Pagan Otherworlds Tarot
I don't think I could imagine more appropriate cards for this matter. The Page is my creative self - the one that doesn't judge or compare - only expresses. The 8 of Swords represents my mental cage, my self-imposed limitations. Strength shows me that I am so much bigger than those needling thoughts and fears, tells me to show myself compassion, and embrace the fullness of my own being. I love how the Page and Strength look in at the 8 of Swords, perfectly equal to the task of releasing these blockages.

Mannaz reinforces the fact that this is all tied up in how I see myself, and myself in relation to others - and it's time for a narrative shift.

I spoke to Njördr at the ocean the other day, and asked him to help me remember who I am. I have indeed felt myself re-membering over the past week, calling back parts of myself. This is one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Firs and foremost I woud feel exactly the same. How brave of you to be willing to face your fear and these cards are the perfect ones to give you the encouragement you need. Enjoy your creative practice my dear! That is the most important part of it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! It went really well. I am so glad I didn't let my fear take over, and cancel the meeting. It's good to know I am not the only one who struggles with this!! Hugs!

      Delete